♥ U R B I D U B ♥
Psychology Blog (Neurolove/psych-facts): How to Deal with Negative Emotions
1. Acknowledge how you feel. Admit to yourself that you are angry, hurt, bitter, jealous or resentful. Don’t bottle up your negative emotions. Being honest is the first step to changing how you feel.
2. Don’t start judging and condemning yourself. You’re not…
Light has a way, when washing over the old, the broken, the rusted and the lonely, of fixing and healing, finding and giving, if for a moment, a sliver of understanding. Please find your way through the clouds, and when you do, fall upon me.
Light Beam Atop Barn Roof (by TylerKnott)
(Source: weheartit.com, via picsandquotes)
I dare you to come here, to wander and witness and watch and wade through the waters of this amazing state and not fall in love. I dare you to not fall head over heels in love with the way the light hits the rivers, the way bald eagle’s wings look when they catch the last bits of sunlight, the way every tree demands its own silhouette. Every tree in a state full of forests. I dare you.
Bald Eagle Over Missouri River Cliffs BW (by TylerKnott)
Just a little light, that’s all I need, just a little sunlight from you and I promise I will grow.
Soft Grass On Winding River Sunset (by TylerKnott)
WE SHOULD BE ROCKSTARS’ FOR LIFE
with the clouds
You Can’t Trust your Feelings
Although we would all like to trust our feelings, they are not a good guide for the ways things really are. They are often fickle and irrational – and not an accurate measure of reality. As you’ve probably discovered:
1. Feelings vary depending on our health. If we’re sick we often feel despondent and blah.
2. Feelings vary depending on our hormones – which is why doctors recognize and treat PMS.
3. Feelings vary depending on events and the changing circumstances of our life. If things are going wrong, or we’re highly stressed, we feel inadequate and overwhelmed.
4. Feelings are affected by relationships. If we fall in love we feel happy and elated; if a relationship breaks up we feel rejected and depressed.
» Tumblr Ask
» Theme maker
Theme by Sarah Mogin. Tweaked by Kaycee. Get this layout/theme at cutetumblrlayouts for your Tumblr.